- Whale Shark Diving: Whale shark diving: a month-long diving season for whale sharks along the Kenyan coast easily seen off the shore near Diani, Malindi & Watamu
- Kijani Festival: A music fest featuring everything from jazz music to ballet fusion
- KCB Safari Rally: A chance to see a world class motor sport event held in Nairobi with the rally course covering 700 km /435 miles through scenic areas of the country
- Kenya Open Gold Championship: Annual golf tournment held in Nairobi
- Malindi Cultural Festival: A gathering showcasing Swahili Culture
- Rhino Charge: Annual off-road motor race takes competitors deep into the African bush to raise funds for the Rhino Ark Charitable Trust in wildlife conservation
- Dugong Festival: Held on Lamu Island on the Kenyan coast to raise awareness of the endangered Dugong, a large marine mammal. Includes an entertaining donkey race.
- Lewa Marathon: A long distance running even with local and international competitors on a scenic route through the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in Laikipia in Northern Kenya
- Lamu Maulid Festival - The Maulidi is celebrated by muslims in the town of Lamu with processions and prayers. A dhow race, a donkey race and other sporting activities are staged during the celebrations.
- Kenya Fashion Week: Expo-style fashion extravanganza held at the Sarit Centre in Westlands area of Nairobi
- Tusker Safari Sevens: An international rugby tournament with seven players a side held at the Impala Club on Ngong Rad in Nairobi
- Kenya International Trade Exhibition: Brings together local and international business communities showcasing thousands of products ranging from consumer electrics to cosmetics
- Sigana International Storytelling Festival: Brings together professional storytellers from all over the world to Nairobi
- Maralal Camel Derby : A camel race that has become a popular tourist attraction. Held in Maralal, northern Kenya, international participants arrive to compete against Kenya champions. Other attractions include a cycle race and children activities
- Kwani Literary Festival: A variety of word-related events, including readings and signings by African authors.
- Lola Kenya Screen Film Festival: A film fest for children and young people that takes place in Nairobi. Films include those made for television, music videos and video games.
- Kenya Music Festival: 10 days of competitions at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre in Nairobi featuring African music
- Concours d'Elegance : Classic car and motorcycle festival held in Nairobi featuring vintage vehicles. Lots of sideshows and entertainment
- International Vultures Day: Log on to www.vultureday.org to find out where the event is scheduled in Kenya. The day creates awareness for these birds whose populations in Asia and Africa have crashed by 96% over the last two decades.
- Kenya International Film Festival: Annual international film fest hosting films and film-makers from all over Africa. Events are held in a variety of venues in Nairobi. Activities include screenings and film premieres, competitions,workshops and debates spiced bymusic performance by local artists
- Kenya International Puppetry Festival: Held in Nairobi and features workshops on puppet construction, exhibitions of masks and puppets as well as theatre performances.
- Shaggy Dog Show: Animal lovers from all over the Kenya come to Nairobi to take part in a family fun day. Organized by the Kenya Society for the Protection and Care of Animals (KSPCA). It is a fundraising event.
- Craft of Africa: Held at Sarit Centre exhibiting local craftwork
- Mombasa Carnival: Two lively parades on Moi Avenue with plenty of brightly colored costumes, music and dancing.
- Kenya Music Week: Held in Nairobi bringing the best of the country's musicians.
- Jamhuri Day: Independence day celebrations with style.